IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon is known for its flat and fast course. The race starts and finishes in Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium and travels through one of the country’s most iconic structures. The course has produced many successful runners, several national records and countless personal bests. Runners enjoy the support of city spectators as they run through the neighbourhoods.
FULL MARATHON / HALF MARATHON
5K Swachh Bharat Run
09 Aid Stations and 11 Water Stations are located along the race route at every kilometre, in addition to the base water/aid station at the start/finish line. Each aid station consists of the following amenities in this order:
- Volunteer Support
- Fast & Up Energy Drink
- Fresh Fruits
- Pain Relief Sprays
- First Aid Kit
- Volunteer Support
Fast & Up Energy Drink will be available in Berry flavour at every Aid Station . One serving of Fast & Up Energy Drink, i.e. approximately 100ml of the drink served at our Aid stations provides (approximately) 1.51 grams of carbohydrates, 0.014 grams of protein, 6.13 kilo calories of energy, 90 mg of sodium and 80 calories.
You may apply the Pain Relief Spray to alleviate soreness and help you to take on the final miles of the route. Volunteers will be at the Aid stations to administer the product on participants. Please seek help from the volunteers and DO NOT administer the spray yourselves.
Familiarise yourselves with the locations and offerings at each aid station and prepare for slower traffic in these areas. The aid stations are approximately 6×18 in area; tables with Fast ‘n Up Energy Drink and water line both sides of the street. Continue moving through the aid station if the first tables are too crowded to obtain fluids.
Medical support is available at seven locations on the race route: all the seven medical stations and an additional medical tent at the finish line. The tents/ambulances are indicated with the medical icon. Each medical station is staffed by a team of medical professionals, is equipped with emergency and first aid supplies and has access to ambulance service (both, Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support). In addition to these, there will also be media medical personnel on bikes throughout the race route.
At the Venue, the Main Medical and the Physiotherapy Tents are located directly beyond the finish line. For the safety of all participants, only those requiring medical assistance may access the medical and physio facilities.
IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon has a course time limit of 6 hours from the time of Marathon flag-off at 4 am. After this time, the course will re-open to vehicular traffic. You must maintain a strategised and constant pace to complete your race distance—start line to finish line—within the event time requirement. Those who finish outside of the time limit will be recorded as official finishers, but may not receive full on-course support from aid stations and traffic safety personnel. However, the organisers will usually be present to make sure the last finishers are received at the finish line.
Timing checkpoints are positioned at the start / finish line, and at about six other checkpoints, approximately. Your Bib-Tag timing device will register split times at each of these checkpoints.
Digital clocks are positioned at the start / finish line, on the lead car on the course to provide the elapsed race time. Kilometre markers are positioned at each kilometre to assist you in locating the clocks. Digital clocks at the finish line will display the elapsed race time, which begins with the start of Marathon (4:00 am). Your individual race time may differ depending on when you cross the official start line.
For residents who live along the IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon course, and for those traveling to and from New Delhi on the Race Day, please be aware that extensive street closures will take place on race day. In addition, no parking zones along the course will be enforced in the early morning hours.
* Bhishma Pitamaha Road Closed from Kotla Red Light Signal to Lodhi Road Junction.
* Lodhi Road closed from Lodhi Road Junction (Sai Baba Temple) to Mathura Road Junction Flyover (Lala Lajpath Rai Road).
* Arch Bishop Marg single-side carriageway closed from Lodhi Road to Subarmaniam Bharti Marg Junction.
* Mathura Road single-side carriageway closed from Mathura Road Flyover to Zoo Red Light Signal.
* Subarmaniam Bharti Marg closed from Zoo Signal to Arch Bishop Marg Junction.
* Zakir Hussain Marg closed from Subarmaniam Bharti Marg Junction to C-Hexagaon Junction.
* C-Hexagon closed from Zakir Hussain Marg to Rajpath : we will use two lines only, rest of the road is open for vehicular traffic.
* Pandara Road closed from Barda Ukli Marg, Pandara Road Junction to C-Hexagon Junction.
* Shahjahan Road closed from Shahjahan-Humayun Road Junction to C-Hexagaon.
* Akbar Road closed from Maan Singh Road-Akbar Road Circle to C-Hexagaon.
* Rajpath closed from C-Hexagon to Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Marg.
* Maan Singh Road closed from Akbar Road to Panchmukhi Circle.
* Janpath closed from Mulana Azad Janpath Junction to Windsor Circle (Le Meridian).
* Rajendra Prasad Marg closed from Janpath, Rajendra Prasda Circle to Rafi Ahmed Junction (Shastri Bhawan).
This fabulous group of runners will be on the course to make sure all you runners reach that finish-line happy and content. Choose your Pacer Bus wisely, based on your training, and make sure you meet them at the EXPO.
|1:45||Vinay Kumar Bhardwaj|
|2:45||Mihika Wahi Gupta|
Each race category is will be preceded by stretches and warm-up for all the participants. Whether you are prepared are not, we suggest all participants to take these warm-up sessions by the professionals to give a good head-start to the race. Similarly, cooling down your own post-race body and mind is also equally important. Do make sure you attend the cool-down sessions too.
|Half Marathon||6:15 AM|
|Timed 10K||7:30 AM|
|5K Swachh Bharat Run||8:30 AM|
Reporting time : 1 hour prior to the respective race time.
Entry for all participants will be through Gate No. 13. Make sure your Running BIB is pinned up and displayed on the front. No-one will be given entry without a valid Running BIB.
Paid Parking – Scope Complex
Free Parking – Barapullah Bus Depot
* Blue Line Metro from East Delhi and Noida to Jangpura Gate No. 03
* Yellow Line Metro from Vasant Kunj to Jangpura Gate No. 03
* Pink Line Metro from North Delhi – change to Purple Line Metro in Lajpat Nagar – to Jangpura Gate No. 03
The Prize Distribution for the Elite participants will happen before the 5K Swachh Bharat Run flag-off.
The Prize Distribution for the Open Category participants will happen after the 5K Swachh Bharat Run flag-off.
The winners will be felicitated on the podium with winner medals and dummy cheques.
The prize money will take 45-60 working days to reflect in the winner’s bank account.